Bangkok Tripping

13:29


My Bangkok Tripping post is finally up, after the trip ended for more than a month. Hahaha. I'm sorry everyone, work has been keeping me busy and tired. I went Bangkok for 8 days which everyone told me was too long and I'll be bored, but they were so wrong. 8 days isn't enough! Honestly, there are many places to explore in Bangkok. This was my first trip overseas with friends only, as well as first trip with Axel by plane. No number can be put to the level of excitement I had in me. Because it's my first trip without my family, they took time to send me off and spent that 8 days worrying about me.

During this trip I've seen really beautiful views from above, especially sunset! The feelings I had inside me was amazing. I totally felt at peace and in awe at the same time. This is why I love taking the plane and always choosing the window seat if possible, I get a really good view of something I can't see just any other day. 

Hotel:
We decided to take public transport to our hotel instead of cab because we wanted to truly experience being in another country. It was really hard and tiring. We had to drag our luggage on the uneven floor, squeeze among the people while being hot and hungry and get lost for a little while. However it was definitely a good experience and we manage to find our way in the end. We stayed at Citin Pratunam Hotel and I highly recommend you to stay there if you were to travel to Bangkok. It's affordable, clean, very friendly and helpful staffs, and the location is amazing because there are many local food stalls right below. Pratunam Market and Platinum Mall is less than 10 minutes away, within walk-able distance.

People:
The people there are super friendly and helpful! We met many kind souls who helped us during this trip. For example, a stall owner who already packed up all the stuffs helped us speak to the cab driver on the phone when we asked her. But that's not it, she even tell the driver specifically where to wait and walked us there. She also wrote our hotel name in Thai so we could use it to tell cab drivers where we want to go. She's just 1 of the many kind people we met.

Shopping:
Shopping at Bangkok is the best, everyone knows that. It's cheap and they have lots of clothes, shoes, bags and more which are really nice. The best thing is most of their clothes are small enough to fit me! Totally different from when I shop in Singapore, the clothes are usually too big for me here. The few must go places to shop are Chatuchak, Rod Fai Market, Pratunam Market, Platinum Mall. I got so many stuffs, I kept some of my things in Axel's luggage and still had a little trouble closing my luggage.

We went Asiatique which I strongly do not recommend you to go as it's really just a tourist attraction place. There nothing attractive though, except for the view you get during sunset. Everything is super expensive there, you can find the same thing at a much lower price somewhere else.

As for food, I'll be doing a separate post just for it with all the information included! 
Thank you Axel, Jastine and Felix for making this trip wonderful and creating memories together.

If you haven't, click on the link below to watch my Travelogue too!

P.S.: I will be travelling to Batam end of this month, and Hong Kong mid next month! I'll be capturing visuals as well as creating travelogues for both trip. Really excited for it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe