January X February's Foodventure

12:51

Five & Dime
297 River Valley Road
S(238338)

After months of expressing to Axel how much I want to try the food at Five & Dime, I finally headed there during January. I brought Axel there to treat him to his birthday lunch cause they have the Golden Custard Lava Cake he wanted to try. Killed 2 birds with 1 stone!

I loved the ambience and interior deco, however not so much on the food. We ordered the Big Brekkie and Eggs Benny which was pretty decent but nothing special, and it was quite pricey. It was the Golden Custard Lava Cake that we were looking forward to most, but honestly there wasn't any "wow" factor to it after we took the first bite. I would prefer having a chocolate lava cake instead.







Stirling Highway
5 Ridgewood Close 
S(276696)

Stirling Highway is a cafe owned by my friend's sister which he brought me and the rest of the clique down to try after months of talking about it. I'm not saying this to promote the cafe cause it belongs to my friend's sister, but their food is seriously delicious! 

Let me start of with their Pulled Pork Pancakes first. This is one of the best dish I ever ate in my life. At first I was feeling doubtful about it cause pulled pork and pancakes don't seem like a good combination, but I was wrong. Juicy pulled pork and fluffy pancakes makes a perfect combination. This dish is definitely a must try.

We tried many different kinds of my favorite food, Pasta! I love all of their pasta, especially their Aglio Olio and Prawn Pesto. Their Aglio Olio isn't spicy so people who can't take spicy food can try this since Aglio Olio is usually cooked spicy in most places. Some of them prefers their Mentaiko pasta more which tastes really good too, but can be too creamy for my liking if I were to have the whole dish to myself.

It's quite inconvenient to get there cause you'll have to take a train, followed by bus and walk in if you don't drive however it's really worth a try.






Mu Parlour
16A Lorong Mambong
Holland Village
S(277677)

Axel and I were googling on cafes that we can try around Holland Village and we chanced upon Mu Parlour. Their black burgers was what caught out attention. The first few bite I had, I went "woah". It tasted really nice and I loved their garlic fries. But after awhile I stated to get sick of the burger cause the beef patty had ingredients in it which I didn't really like. Axel on the other hand loved it. 




Sunday Folks
44 Jalan Mera Saga
Chip Bee Gardens
#01-52
S(278116)

This Valentine's Day, Axel brought me down to Sunday Folks for their soft serve ice cream and waffles. Sunday Folks is the sister branch of Creamier, which happens to be the favorite go-to place for both Axel and I whenever we want to have ice cream. This explains why we were looking forward to try out Sunday Folks. 

Sunday Folks is different from Creamier as they serve soft serve ice cream instead with a smaller selection of flavors, but a much wider range of toppings to choose from. As for the waffle, I'll say it's equally good! I'll prefer hanging out at Sunday Folks cause the ambience is better, but I'll choose Creamier's ice cream instead cause I don't really like soft serve ice cream.

If you're eating there, be prepared to queue cause they have as many customers as Creamier.



Starbucks

I'm definitely a huge fan of Starbucks. I love their drinks, especially Green Tea Latte with ice cubes and Toffee Nut Frappuccino (seasonal drink). When it comes to food, I love their Deep Dish Beef Pie. And now, they have yogurt too! I tried their Mix Berried Yogurt with Granola and I love it so much. Not only does it looks good, it taste good too. It's quite sour due to the Greek yogurt, but you can add honey to balance it out.

Now when I hang out in Starbucks and don't feel like drinking or eating too much, I'll get their yogurt.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe