Follow your heart

14:06



I have never thought I will ever feel that I'm growing up too fast, but recently I'm having such thoughts. For the past 20 years I always go "I'm so excited for my future!", "I can't wait to grow up", and most importantly "I am ready to move into the next phase of my life!". However now that it's really happening, I'm scared.

Fear of the unknown. Since it's another phase of life, I do not know what to expect and I'm afraid I won't be prepared in what's coming my way.

Uncertainties. Making important decisions that affects your near future is a very scary thing to do. You will never know if your choice is right until the time comes. We speak to many people asking for advice, but all the conflicting advice given by different people makes it even more confusing.

After much thoughts I realized ultimately, nobody can give you the best or right advice. I believe being afraid and unsure is all part of growing up. Someone once told me a person can only "Follow your heart". And I agree. If your heart feels that this decision you're about to make is right, it's what should should do then just do it. You will never know until you do it. If it turns out to be not something you want it's alright, you will then know and work towards what you want instead. We learn through experiences. I always remind myself "No regrets".

Never regret the choices made, only regret the opportunities given which you didn't take.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe