Killing Point

01:37





"When I was little, I used to believe that everybody in the world was friendly and nice and equal, but I guess not."
- Jennifer Lawrence

That was exactly what I thought when I was young too. I'd always be unable to find a reason why someone would hurt others. I've never understand what politics is. I've never believed anyone could be real selfish and caused others to be in deep shit. I've always believed friends/colleagues will protect each other, and life is actually fair.

Since young, my dad has always tell me the world outside is not what I think it is. There will be people stepping on each other in order to climb up, there will be people harming you for their own good, and people will have more than 1 face which they will not let you see. I've always believed there's a reason as to what he says, but I've never truly understand it.

I've had many different part time jobs since I was 16 till now, and I've never encountered anything as to what my dad warned me about. Everyone was nice and friendly, everyone took care of me. But now that I'm 20, I went through an internship that opens my eyes, it changed my mind about so many things and taught me more than what I thought I'll learn.

It showed me what my dad had warned me about.

I believe what I see is just the surface of how bad these kind of things can actually be. Of course, I had a great time at the company I interned at and met lots of lovely people. But not everyone will be a nice person.

Everybody has their own killing point, do you know what's yours? It's important for you to know because you have to conceal it. You must not let others know what your killing point is as that's what they'll use against you. Your best point can be your killing point too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe