Being petite

15:46

Everyone have things about themselves which they don't like, and for me it's my height. I'm always the shortest and smallest in class, among my friends, even smaller than those primary 6 students. And I'm 19 by the way. My sister who is 12 years old is already slightly taller than me. When I was in primary school, I had to go to the health promotion board every year to check my growth. Everyone will make fun of my height and call me names. The thing I hate most is taking public transport during peak hours cause I'll have to smell all the sweat and smelly breath. Hahaha.

There was a point of time when I reached an age where shopping was super difficult for me. I was in secondary school, but clothes that's for girls my age were too big for me. And for clothes that has my size were too childish looking for my age. Bra was another problem cause not only do my height grow slowly, but my boobs grew slowly too. Even my menses came later than my friends. As at that point of time my boobs was too small for a normal bra, but too big for singlet, I had to wear that kind of super uncomfortable training bra. When I go to Triumph with my mum to buy her bra, I'll want to look for mine too but I'll be too conscious cause all the salesperson seems to be judging me, and will always pass me training bra straightaway.

But as I grow up, I started to love the way I am, including my petite size. I accepted my height, my size, and when people give me nicknames like "Shorty", I accept it cause I am short and I don't take it as an insult. I started to realize that there are good and bad to everything. Besides the bad things that comes with being small and short, there are lots of good things too. Same for being tall. I have tall friends that wants to be shorter, and short friends that wants to be taller.

Now I still wish that I could be slightly taller but even if I don't, it's ok cause I've accepted and love me for who I am. It's important to see the good in yourself, accept and love the way you are, that way others will too.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe