Birthdays

20:23

It was Kelly's birthday on the 31st of July, and the whole spooners group planned a surprise which we sort of succeeded. Kelly came out of her class earlier than expected so we couldn't surprise her the way we planned to, but she was still shocked when she saw us.


All 12 of us in 1 picture. It's been a really long time since the full spooners came together, so this birthday surprise definitely means alot to us. 




Smudging cake all over the face has been a tradition ever since I started it, so of course Kelly was looking out for it and made sure none of us have cake in our hands. But in the end, she still got cake on her face.


1st of August is my grandma's birthday! Most of my secondary school friends will know how much my grandma took care of me cause even in secondary school, she'll still send me to school till sec 2.

She's been taking care of me, together with my grandpa since I was born. At first they decided to take care of me for the first few years of my life only, however during my first day in nursery, I had fever and started vomiting, so they decided to take care of me for the rest of their lives. 

I remember how my grandpa will come all the way to tampines from the west early in the morning just to see my national day performance when I was in kindergarten. And how he would bring me out to have KFC, but I shit in my pants, yet he didn't scold me or show any form of frustration at all. Too bad my grandpa left us so fast, I spent 6 years of my life with him, and I wish I could have spent more. 


Because of this, seeing how healthy my grandma is now makes me happy. Cause I know I'll still get to spend many more years with her. When my grandpa was gone, she still took care of my siblings and I when both my parents were working. During the weekends, she'll bring us back to her house which was in the west on her own, and she'll cook for us everyday. She makes my childhood a very happy one, feeling all the family love since young. If she did not take care of me, I would most probably spend most of my childhood time in daycare center. And my life now may be different too.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe