Bangkok's Foodventure

16:49

Pratunam Street Food
Along the streets of Pratunam and Platinum Mall

Walk along the streets of Pratunam, Platinum Mall and you'll come across many different kinds of street food. One of the first street food we had during our trip was Banana prata and Egg prata with condense milk. You can choose to have the prata plain, with egg or with banana. It's quite oily but super good, definitely worth it to eat sinfully. The one we came across was located outside Platinum Mall.

We had our first dinner at some street stall outside Shibuya19 that sells Pad Thai, Tom Yum Soup, Thai Basil Chicken and more. It's really tasty and cheap, much cheaper than those restaurants we walked past.

Usually we will get wanton noodles for breakfast, there's many different stalls that sells it but we usually get it from the nearest stall to Citin Pratunam Hotel. If you love spicy food, add chilli flakes into the soup. It's best to have street food or go to local shops for breakfast rather than having breakfast buffet in the hotel, as you'll really be missing out.


Rod Fai Market (Train Market)
Srinakarin Road Soi 51 (Behind Seacon Square)
Thursday to Sunday, 7pm to 12am

I went Rod Fai Market only having shopping in mind cause I've heard how good the shopping is, but once I reached it was the food that stopped me for quite awhile. There are many food stalls there which sells delicious and cheap food. We stopped for the food for quite awhile before shopping, and bought more back to the hotel after we were done.


Platinum Mall Food Center
Platinum Mall, Level 6

One of the "must eat" whenever I travel to Bangkok is the Kway Chap at Platinum Mall Food Center. It's different from Singapore's Kway Chap as the soup is more on the sweet side. If you like soupy food, you have to give this a try.


Boat Noodles
Along canal at Victory Monument station

No regrets walking a long way and sweating under the sun to try Boat Noodles, it was delicious! It's a very small portion till I can finish it in 2 mouth, which allow us to order all different flavors to try. After trying it all, I will still stick with the most basic flavor as the rest with those fanciful names taste quite weird. There are many different stores which sells Boat Noodles and we weren't sure which is better, so we randomly picked one and it was good. I guess they're all similar, so maybe you can just pick one stall with many customers in it.


Coconut Ice Cream
Chatuchak

Finally got to try Coconut Ice Cream! It is as good as what everyone said! The ice cream has sufficient coconut flavor in it, and the coconut meat makes it even better. Definitely made us feel much better while shopping under the sun at Chatuchak. However make sure you get the authentic one as seen below (with the corn). We tried one along the streets of Pratunam (seen below, with the big coconut) and it was super disappointing, it was literally coconut and vanilla ice cream.


Thai Crispy Pancake
Inside of MBK

The cream used in this pancake is super sweet, too sweet for my liking. Unless you have a super sweet tooth, I will suggest you to just buy one and share it with a few others. I had one bite and I couldn't take more of it.


Seafood

We made some impromptu decisions during the trip, and one of it was to have dinner at a seafood restaurant recommended by our taxi driver. The seafood we had was fresh, though it was our most expensive meal but if we compare it to Singapore's price it wasn't that expensive. We had curry crab which tasted really interesting, 


Som Tam Nua
392/14 Siam Square Soi  5
10.45am to 9.30pm

I will definitely go back to Som Tam Nua for dinner the next time I travel to Bangkok again. Their fried chicken is a must try! It's crispy on the outside and the inside isn't dried out, you'll know what I mean after trying it. Fried Thai-rice flour noodle was also my favorite, it's slightly spicy and with the pork floss on it makes the texture really good. We ordered this twice!


Fuji Jap
Platinum Mall, Level 6

Want cheap and tasty Japanese food? Go Fuji Jap! They have set meals in the afternoon which is very worth it. We ordered a set meal each with additional items like sushi and gyoza at a total price that's half of what we'll get in Singapore.


Mango Tango
Siam Square Soi 3

Bangkok is known for it's Mango Sticky Rice, and you'll see it from the streets to the malls and to food courts. One of the place we had it was at Mango Tango which sells many mango related desserts. The look of their desserts are very appealing, however it didn't taste as good as those we got on the streets and was quite expensive.


Oh Lok Yun
72 Charoen Krung Road

I've heard about this shop which serve traditional breakfast, how good is it and where many locals go to. It was the first shop on my list when I planned the itinerary cause I wanted to try it so badly. True enough, it is that good. It's located out of the busy streets, which makes it difficult for us foreigners to access to therefore it's best to take a cab there. The setting of the place is also very traditional, it is after all a shop that's much older than me. 

Most of the people there were locals, and thankfully they have an english menu for people like us. My favourite dish was the Butter and Sugar Toast. It's so good I cannot imagine how a simple dish like this could make me go crazy over it, but it did. They do have American breakfast in their menu too, but I will suggest to just sticking to the traditional ones. It's definitely much better.


Purr Cat Cafe Club
63 Soi Sukhumvit 53, Sukhumvit Road

Thonglor has many cafes, and one of the cafes we went to was a cat cafe. The cats in there are really pretty, really cute. I'm not really a cat person but I still fell in love there. I didn't had any high expectations for the food there cause usually such places won't really serve tasty food, but they surprised me. The brownies and carbonara pasta tasted as good as they look.


After You
Siam Paragon, Ground Floor

We had to try After You after seeing so many good reviews online and from our friends. However I was really surprised cause I didn't get what was all that hype about. It does look good but after trying it, I won't think of going back again.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe