August X September Foodventure

14:34

Hanoi Vietnamese Restaurant

100 AM
#03-13

I've been wanting to try Vietnamese food for the longest time and finally, I got to try real Vietnamese food recommended by my Vietnamese colleague and it was so delicious! I ordered the Hanoi Beef Noodle Soup and I really recommend you to try it! The soup taste sweet but not too overpowering, and I love how the beef are all well cooked but not tough. And if you're a Vietnamese, just let them know and you'll get a discount! 



Pho Street

West Gate
#B2-K6/K7

After my visit to Hanoi, I tried the Vietnamese food at Pho Street. Their beef noodle soup is pretty good too but I will prefer Hanoi's over theirs. Hanoi's beef are nicer, and the soup taste better. For someone who love spicy stuff like me, chili plays a very important part. The chili sauce Hanoi provide is much better, and goes well with the soup compared to Pho Street.





Hoshino Coffee

Plaza Singapura
#03-84

I highly recommend this place!! I had the Hoshino Pot Baked Curry Rice, the first bite I took was so good! It was a simple dish but yet so delicious. Axel had the Lobster Bisque Soup Spaghetti and he totally fell in the with it. Hahaha. But the main highlight of the place is their desserts. You got to order their desserts no matter what! We had the Matcha Souffle and Chocolate Fondant with Softee and oh boy, it was heaven in our mouth. It was our first time trying souffle and now, it's one of our favorite desserts! The chocolate fondant was equally good, we finished every bit of our desserts.







Rokeby

15-9 Jalan Riang
Singapore 358987

Went back to Rokeby once again, this time to try their brunch menu. I had their Eggs Benedict and I will say it's one of my favorite! The hollandaise sauce used has a stronger but nicer taste compared to others I've tried. Axel had Foie Gras Benedict and once again, he fell in love. Hahaha. It was my first time trying foie gras and it was quite an experience for me. It was crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside like butter. The taste was nice but just a little was enough for me. I have to control my thoughts cause I may feel like puking if I were to think about it. I don't think I'll ever try foie gras again, once was enough.






Wimbly Lu

15-2 Jalan Riang
S(358987)

The Waffles and Ice Cream at Wimbly Lu was nice, however there's nothing special that makes it different from other places like Creamier. But their Matcha Latte is something I'll go back for! As a matcha lover, I highly recommend this! The matcha taste is there, not too mild but not overwhelming as well. Definitely a must try! The Chai Latte looks good, but smell and taste terrible. It's like worse than medicine and herbal tea?! Axel and I had to force it down our throat. But I guess it's personal preference, though I can't think of any reason why someone will like such a drink.





Shrove Tuesday

Blk 94 
Toa Payoh Lorong 4 
#01-32
S(310094)

Unlike the usual cafes serving ice creams like salted caramel and cookies and cream, Shrove Tuesday provides flavors like apple crumble and roasted pistachio. Their ice cream have very strong taste to it, it's almost like the real thing. It's a good place to explore and have a change to your taste bud. Personally, the ice cream flavors they provide don't suit my taste bud so I won't be going back again.



Miam Miam

West Gate
#01-21/22



Miam Miam is very similar to Hoshino Coffee, in fact their menu are almost the same. Axel tried their Lobster Bisque Pasta which is similar to Hoshino Coffee's Lobster Bisque Soup Spaghetti, and to me both are pretty good. But the prawn Miam Miam served is quite tough. I had the Bolognese which I really like. When you mix the pasta, meat sauce and onsen egg together it taste super awesome. Their Valrhona Chocolate Souffle was very disappointing. The souffle itself was just done badly, Hoshino Coffee is much better.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe