Yayoi Kusama : Life is the Heart of a Rainbow

13:29


I've heard of the artist Yayoi Kusama and seen some of her works through social media, when her exhibition ' Yayoi Kusama: My Eternal Soul ' was held in Tokyo. Drawn by the vibrant colours and polka dots, I searched for more information on the exhibition, deciding to go during my trip to Japan. However the exhibition ended weeks before my trip starts.

When I knew the exhibition ' Yayoi Kusama: Life Is The Heart Of A Rainbow ' is being held at National Gallery Singapore, I was so excited as I wouldn't miss her exhibition after all. 

I've been to a handful of exhibitions, and this one stays with me most. What's better than 'instagrammable' art works? Art that I can actually understand. Some works, I can tell on first look what the artist Yayoi Kusama is trying to express. But if you were to read the title and description, it gives you a deeper understanding of both the art work and the artist. 

Her video installation, ' Song Of A Manhattan Suicide Addict ' is one of the works that left a huge impression on me. It helped me understand Yayoi Kusama more, which made me curious and I ended up researching about her at home. It also helped piece every art work together, which helps me understand better how her art work expresses what is in her mind, and the transition of her works.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe